Five Easy Steps to Make Your Terradomi Candle Last Longer
So you purchased your first Terradomi candle, or maybe you've been enjoying them for a while now... well, my friends, did you know that there are 5 EASY steps you can take to ensure that your candle not only lasts you longer, but also burns evenly and releases fragrance the right way?
No need to stress, these steps will take seconds and your senses will thank you for it!
1. Keep your Terradomi candle in an area free of drafts.
As you can probably tell by now, keeping the candle next to an open window, or under the heat/air conditioner is not necessarily the best idea. Air drafts will cause the flame to flicker significantly, which will produce smoke and an uneven burn.
2. Keep the wick centred, straight and trimmed to 1/4 inch before each burn.
Trimming the wick will ensure there is no unnecessary build up at the top of the wick (which looks like the top of a mushroom) and will prevent the flame from getting too big (hence burning through fragrance a lot quicker) and producing smoke. No need for fancy tools to trim the wick, you can simply use your fingers and clip the top which will easily come off.
Please Note: No need to trim the wick on your very first use, as the candle comes trimmed and ready to go!
3. Before extinguishing, allow the wax melt pool to reach the edge of the jar. In other words, in order for your candle to burn evenly all the way to the bottom (and this way last you longer), it will have to remain lit until the wax is melted all the way to the edge of the vessel. If the wax is not melted all the way the edge of the jar, especially during the first few times, you might experience tunnelling.
4. Burn your standard 11 oz size Terradomi Candle for 3-4 hrs at a time. If you would like to light it again after the 4hrs have passed, first allow for the wax to completely cool. Burning your candle for too long, can cause the wax to burn too quickly, hence reducing candle life significantly. Terradomi tins should be lit for no more than 2hrs at a time.
5. Relax and enjoy! Your candle is meant to bring coziness and serenity to your space, so breathe in and take a moment to just...be! :)